Crime Victim ResourcesWelcome to the "Crime Victims" section. This section contains links to nationwide resources for crime victims, in addition to resources in your state. To suggest a resource for this section, please contact us.
If you are in an emergency, please dial 911.
NationalU.S. DOJ Office for Victims of Crime
Resources for crime victims from the U.S. Department of Justice. National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The nation's resource center for child protection. The National Center for Victims of Crime
Information for victim assistance, support, civil litigation, and more. Directory of Crime Victim Services
Resource to help service providers and individuals locate nonemergency crime victim services in the U.S. and abroad. National Organization for Victim Assistance
Information and assistance for victims and survivors. Civil Legal Remedies for Crime Victims - U.S. DOJ
Advice from the U.S. Department of Justice. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission - Center for Complaints and Enforcement Tips
Option to file a complaint or provide the SEC with tips on potential securities law violations. Federal Trade Commission: Consumer Information
Information to prevent consumer scams and option to file a complaint with the FTC. Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC)
A resource for reporting internet crime and filing an internet fraud complaint. National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C)
Nationwide support for agencies involved in prevention, investigation, and prosecution of economic and high-tech crimes. U.S. Department of Justice - Resources for Victims of Crime
Links to federal resources and programs aimed at helping crime victims. Help for Victims of Campus Crime
From the U.S. Department of Justice's Office for Victims of Crime. 4Women.gov: The National Women's Health Information Center
State-specific information on domestic violence, elder abuse, and sexual assault (also available in Spanish). Crime Victims' Rights in America
Historical overview and facts from the U.S. Department of Justice. What You Can Do if You Are a Victim of Crime - U.S. DOJ
Information from the U.S. Department of Justice National Center on Elder Abuse
Assistance and information for elders and their families. Jewelers' Security Alliance Stolen Jewelry Tracking System
Searchable database of stolen jewelry. After Silence
Non-profit online community providing resources and message board for rape and sexual abuse survivors. MurderVictims.com
Source for murder victim survivors, information on murder statistics, news items, discussion and support. National Crime Victim Law Institute
A national victims' rights organization that helps crime victims assert and enforce rights in criminal trial and appellate courts.
- DUI Overview - Basic information on DUI / DWI.
- State DUI Laws - DUI / DWI laws and penalties in your state.
- Stages of a Case - Information on the stages of the DUI /DWI case process, including arrest, arraignment, and trial.
- Your Rights - Learn about your rights when dealing with police, in the courtroom, and if you're convicted.
- Expungement - Information on erasing an arrest or conviction from a criminal record (Criminal Law Center)
- Get Help Now - Quick access to information on bail and hiring a lawyer.
- DUI Resources - National and state resources.
- DMV Offices - State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices and forms.
Civil Rights Center
Welcome to FindLaw's Civil Rights Center. The nine sections below contain helpful articles and resources on civil rights and discrimination:
- Basics and Background - Introductory and historical information on civil rights and discrimination.
- Race Discrimination - Articles on race discrimination in different settings, and links to laws and cases.
- Gender Discrimination - Information and resources on different types of gender discrimination.
- Disability Discrimination - Information, cases, and laws on disability discrimination and rights of disabled persons.
- Employment Discrimination - Employment discrimination basics, and links to laws and cases on workplace discrimination.
- Housing Discrimination - Information and resources on housing discrimination -- including links to laws and cases.
- Enforcement of Civil Rights: Getting Help - Options if your civil rights have been violated -- including filing a lawsuit.
- Civil Rights: More Topics - From age discrimination to sexual harassment, more articles and resources.
- Civil Rights Laws and Resources - Links to civil rights laws, government civil rights agencies, and more.